Our church serves at the Fulton Soup Kitchen on the second Thursday of every month. This Thursday, we will be serving from 6 – 8 p.m. For more information and/or to sign up, please contact Amber Clevenger (573-544-6589), fill out a contact form, or see the sign-up sheet in the church foyer. Thank you to those who have been faithfully serving in this great ministry to our community!
A few things have changed recently, so here is the update from Amber:
The new temporary location is at Backer Dining Hall on Westminster Campus. We will not need to bring anything, as all food and drinks will be provided.
Westminster Administration has asked for a few ground rules so that things flow smoothly…
1. Volunteers who can or choose to walk children from John C. Harris Community Center to Westminster will meet Lisa Thornburg at the flagpole at 6:15 p.m. (flagpole at the community center).
2. All other adults/volunteers will meet at the Berlin Wall Sculpture on campus at 6:40 p.m.
3. Everyone will then go in at Backer Dining Hall as a group, get food at the buffet, and eat in the side dining room.
4. Volunteers will help the kids (and anyone else) get their food and drinks through the line and sit down.
5. Volunteers will help clean up afterward the meal.
Upcoming dates to serve: November 8, December 13, January 10, February 14.